Re: [RFC] Global video buffers pool

Hi

This is a general comment to the whole "(contiguous) video buffer" work:
having given a talk at the ELC-E in Grenoble on soc-camera, I mentioned
briefly a few related RFCs, including this one. I've got a couple of
comments back, including the following ones (which is to say, opinions are
not mine and may or may not be relevant, I'm just fulfilling my promise to
pass them on;)):

1) has been requested to move this discussion to a generic mailing list
like LKML.

2) the reason for (1) was, obviously, to consider making such a buffer
pool also available to other subsystems, of which video / framebuffer
drivers have been mentioned as likely interested parties.

(btw, not sure if this has also been mentioned among those wishes - what
about DVB? Can they also use such buffers?)

Thanks
Guennadi
---
Guennadi Liakhovetski, Ph.D.