RE: RFC (v1.2): V4L - Support for video timings at the input/output interface

Hans,

>>>I think that we should be a change here: instead of specifying htotal and
>>>vtotal it is more symmetrical to specify hbackporch and vbackporch.
>>>
>>>And instead of il_vtotal I think it is better to specify il_vfrontporch,
>>>il_vsync, il_vbackporch. Since any of these three parameters can be the
>>>one that is 1 longer than the top field.
>>

>> [MK] So are you saying we need all four:- il_vtotal, il_vfrontporch,
>> il_vsync, & il_vbackporch ?
>
>No, the htotal, vtotal and il_vtotal fields should be removed. These can
>be calculated from adding up the other fields.

[MK] Ok. That make sense. Here is the final structure...

struct v4l2_bt_timings {
	__u32      interlaced;
	__u64      pixelclock;
      __u32      width, height;
      __u32      polarities;
      __u32      hfrontporch, hsync, hbackporch;
      __u32      vfrontporch, vsync, vbackporch;
      /* timings for bottom frame for interlaced formats */
      __u32      il_vfrontporch, il_vsync, il_vbackporch ;
      __u32      reserved[16];
};

Murali