RE: v4l2: Adding support for multiple MIPI CSI-2 virtual channels

Hi Laurent and Niklas,

I understand that the code is not ready for prime time, but it would not be
optimal for me trying to implement a solution in parallel. Do you have some
sketches or drafts that you can share, so that any temporary solution I make
will hopefully not be too hard to adjust to match the final implementation?

Do you plan to use "pad", as suggested by Guennadi, to map virtual channels?

Regarding the ioctls, I had embarrassingly looked at the wrong struct, and I
see that e.g. VIDIOC_SUBDEV_S_FMT accepts v4l2_subdev_format, which has a pad
member. (Which I assume can be used to index in the v4l2_subdev_pad_config *cfg
provided to the ioctl handler).

> > [1]
> >
> https://linuxtv.org/downloads/presentations/media_summit_2016_san_die
> > o/v4l