Re: v4l2: Adding support for multiple MIPI CSI-2 virtual channels

Hi Everyone,

On Fri, Feb 17, 2017 at 7:27 PM, Thomas Axelsson
<Thomas.Axelsson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a v4l2_subdev that provides multiple MIPI CSI-2 Virtual Channels. I want to configure each virtual channel individually (e.g. set_fmt), but the v4l2 interface does not seem to have a clear way to access configuration on a virtual channel level, but only the v4l2_subdev as a whole. Using one v4l2_subdev for multiple virtual channels by extending the "reg" tag to be an array looks like the correct way to do it, based on the mipi-dsi-bus.txt document and current device tree endpoint structure.
>
> However, I cannot figure out how to extend e.g. set_fmt/get_fmt subdev ioctls to specify which virtual channel the call applies to. Does anyone have any advice on how to handle this case?
This would be helpful for my project as well since even I need to
support multiple streams using Virtual Channels.
Can anyone point out to some V4L2 driver, if this kind of support is
already implemented?

Thanks.