Re: ir-keytable: infinite loops, segfaults

>> However when you try to use the new mapping in some application then
>> it does not work?
>
> That's correct. ir-keytable seems to be doing the right thing, mapping
> the scancode to the input-event-codes.h key code I asked it to.
>
> The application I am trying to use it with is the mythtv frontend.  I
> am doing the keycode munging from an SSH session while myth is still
> running on the main screen. I didn't think this would matter (since it
> worked for KEY_OK->KEY_ENTER) but perhaps it does. Obviously
> ir-keytable -t intercepts the scancodes when it is running, but when I
> kill it myth responds normally to some keys, but not all.

It turned out that that I had to restart X to make it notice the updated keymap.
After that, the modfied keymap I set up is mostly working.

There is still a bit of a mystery. As I understand it, X should notice
key codes less than 255 (0xff). But it seems to be ignoring KEY_STOP
(code 128, 0x80) and any key codes higher than that but less than 255.
ir-keytable -t shows the right codes.

Vince