Re: Sony imx219 driver?

Hi Hans and Dave,

On Fri, Jul 22, 2016 at 11:46:59AM +0200, Hans Verkuil wrote:
> > On a related note, if putting together a system with IMX219 or similar
> > producing Bayer raw 10, the data on the CSI2 bus is one of the
> > V4L2_PIX_FMT_SRGGB10P formats. What's the correct way to reflect that
> > from the sensor subdevice in an MEDIA_BUS_FMT_ enum?
> > The closest is MEDIA_BUS_FMT_SBGGR10_2X8_PADHI_BE (or LE), but the data
> > isn't padded (the Pi CSI2 receiver can do the unpacking and padding, but
> > that just takes up more memory).|||| Or is it MEDIA_BUS_FMT_SBGGR10_1X10
> > to describe the data on the bus correctly as 10bpp Bayer, and the odd
> > packing is ignored. Or do we need new enums?
>
> Just add new enums to media-bus-format.h. It should be clear from comments and/or
> the naming of the enum what the exact format it, so you'll need to think about
> that carefully. Otherwise it's no big deal to add new formats there.

The existing drivers that use 10-bit raw bayer formats on serial busses
(such as CSI-2) use 1X10 variants of the media bus formats. That's perhaps
not the neatest possible way to solve that, but that's what existing drivers
do. And doing differently breaks things.

--
Regards,

Sakari Ailus
e-mail: sakari.ailus@xxxxxx	XMPP: sailus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx