Re: pwc over musb: 100% frame drop (lost) on high resolution stream

On 31-07-16, 23:31, Matwey V. Kornilov wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've also just found that the same commit breaks cpufreq on BeagleBone Black :)
>
> So, probably without HCD_BH flag musb works correctly only at 1Ghz CPU
> frequency, which is unlisted and being set to 720Mhz by cpufreq driver
> (as it did whet there was cpufreq driver).

> > Hello,
> >
> > I've found that the following commit fixes the issue:
> >
> > commit 7694ca6e1d6f01122f05039b81f70f64b1ec4063
> > Author: Viresh Kumar <viresh.kumar@xxxxxxxxxx>
> > Date:   Fri Apr 22 16:58:42 2016 +0530
> >
> >     cpufreq: omap: Use generic platdev driver
> >
> >     The cpufreq-dt-platdev driver supports creation of cpufreq-dt platform
> >     device now, reuse that and remove similar code from platform code.

Sorry for this commit and the man hours wasted to get to this :(

I am trying to figure out why things break though, as this patch shouldn't have
had any functional impacts. So, some of the assumptions I had are surely
incorrect..

The defconfig linked in the original thread [1] has this:

CONFIG_CPUFREQ_DT=m

So, the cpufreq-dt module needs to get inserted to make it work.

Can someone provide the output of:

cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_driver

with and without this patch ?

It looks like we wanted to select "omap-cpufreq" for beaglebone and selected
"cpufreq-dt" by mistake.

[Note]: I am not subscribed to USB lists and so please include me for any emails
you want my response on.

--
viresh

[1] http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-usb/msg143956.html