Re: Preliminary working HVR-1850 IR hardware and grey Hauppauge RC-5 remote

On 9/19/09 10:20 PM, Andy Walls wrote:
Steve,

I've finally have a working implementation of the the HVR-1850 IR
receiver and the grey Hauppauge RC-5 remote with in kernel (non-LIRC) IR
input to key press events.

If you feel adventurous, give it a try for testing the IR receiver:

http://www.linuxtv.org/hg/~awalls/cx23888-ir

Very nice, excellent work. Sorry, my weekend was crazy so I never managed to test your tree, even though I saw your email. Today and tomorrow won't be much better as I'll be preparing to head out to LPC.

A couple of things on my mind currently:

1. I'd like to test this asap and give you some feedback. This is a very welcome addition to the cx23885/25840 driver codebase. In reality this could be a week or so.

2. Once you have your patch-sets in order I'd like to pull those patches and do some HVR1850 analog encoder work. I have some small patches pending that should immediately allow me to start testing various aspects of analog. (Unrelated to your IR work but highly related to the fact you're fixed up the clocks inside the 25840 nicely).

3. Getting RC5 IR support on the existing HVR1800/HVR1250 would be _really_ nice and from the sound of it an incremental step built on the current work. I think from memory you only have HVR1600 and HVR1850 Hauppauge boards. Is this correct? I want to bring a couple of 'samples' to LPC for you.... Assuming you're interested. Let me know as my luggage space will be tight.

4. I'm hoping we'll sample a beer or two in Portland ;)

Regards,

--
Steven Toth - Kernel Labs
http://www.kernellabs.com