Re: [19/38] ARM: dts: imx6-sabrelite: add video capture ports and connections

On 17/06/16 16:18, Gary Bisson wrote:
Steve, All,

On Thu, Jun 16, 2016 at 10:32:31AM +0200, Gary Bisson wrote:
Steve, All,

On Tue, Jun 14, 2016 at 03:49:15PM -0700, Steve Longerbeam wrote:
Defines the host video capture device node and an OV5642 camera sensor
node on i2c2. The host capture device connects to the OV5642 via the
parallel-bus mux input on the ipu1_csi0_mux.

Note there is a pin conflict with GPIO6. This pin functions as a power
input pin to the OV5642, but ENET requires it to wake-up the ARM cores
on normal RX and TX packet done events (see 6261c4c8). So by default,
capture is disabled, enable by uncommenting __OV5642_CAPTURE__ macro.
Ethernet will still work just not quite as well.

Actually the following patch fixes this issue and has already been
applied on Shawn's tree:
https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/9153523/

Also, this follow-up patch declared the HW workaround for SabreLite:
https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/9153525/

So ideally, once those two patches land on your base tree, you could get
rid of the #define and remove the HW workaround declaration.

Finally, I'll test the series on Sabre-Lite this week.

I've applied this series on top of Shawn tree (for-next branch) in order
not to worry about the GPIO6 workaround.

Although the camera seems to get enumerated properly, I can't seem to
get anything from it. See log:
http://pastebin.com/xnw1ujUq

In your cover letter, you said that you have not run through
v4l2-compliance. How have you tested the capture?

Also, why isn't the OV5640 MIPI camera declared on the SabreLite device
tree?

Let me know if I can help testing/updating things on the SabreLite.

Hi Gary,

I have been testing the ov5640 MIPI on the Sabrelite. Patch is at [1]. Careful of the GPIO numbers as I am using an eCon sensor which has slightly different pin routing to the boundarydevices sensor. Let me know how you get on, I've managed to get images out of the device so it's working to a degree.

Cheers,
Jack.

Tuxable Ltd,
London, UK