Re: problem building v4l2-spec from docbook source

Em Wed, 09 Sep 2009 00:07:05 -0400
CityK <cityk@xxxxxxxxxx> escreveu:

> We've got too many entry points/links to things -- which lends itself to
> becoming a maintenance nightmare  (not blaming anyone, just pointing out
> the obvious).  For example:  although the updated info was applied here:
> http://www.linuxtv.org/docs.php, we have other avenues such as
> http://www.linuxtv.org/downloads/video4linux/API/V4L2_API/  (as linked
> to by, for example,  from here
> :http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Development:_Video4Linux_APIs)
> that do not reflect those changes, and hence we have inconsistent info
> across the board.

In fact, docs.php currently points to the downloads page. Also, this is updated
daily via script. I intend to run the same proccess also for the new DocBook
DVB API spec. Anyway, i agree that we should have a consistent place for
storing the docs.

> Same goes with mailing lists and #irc channels -- we've got too many of
> them! ... /trails off mumbling about this and that....mumble mumble
> mumble grumble....
> --

Cheers,
Mauro