Re: problem building v4l2-spec from docbook source

Em Sat, 05 Sep 2009 18:54:27 +0100
Peter Brouwer <pb.maillists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> escreveu:

> Is it possible to create a link on the linuxtv.org website to the latest dvb and
> v4l spec in pdf?
> For dvb the v3 is still on the documentation page.

The pdf version of V4L2 spec is currently broken: several tables and graphics
don't fit at the page size. If you (or someone else) is interested on fixing
it, I'll add a pointer at linuxtv.org  for the updated version, and improve the
script to auto-generate it.

In the case of the DVB spec, the version of the current document is version 3.
Patrick's ISDB-T patch series are increasing version to 5.1, but there are
still some missing parts when comparing with the current API.

In order to make easier for people to maintain the DVB API and to allow people
of just using just one language and document generation tools, I've converted the
DVB API specs to DocBook as well. I'll add it to the tree soon. It is yet a
work undergoing, but it would be nice if people could review it and improve.
After having some review and porting the ISDB-T changes to it, IMO, the better
is to deprecate the LaTex version using the DocBooc version one instead.

Cheers,
Mauro