Fusion HDTV Dual Digital Express - NSW Australia

I bought several of these cards over a year ago thinking that they worked under Linux, but I found that while the cards seem to work flawlessly for some people, in some geographic locations, they don't work for me in Goulburn NSW pointing to Mt Gray.

I have a mythtv backend with 2 x Dvico Dual Digital 4 PCI cards and they are working perfectly, but the Dual Express cards will not tune all transports. It seems that Prime and TEN hardly get enough signal to tune.

I have done some tests, and under Windows with MCE the cards work perfectly using the same antenna

I've heard that these cards have some sort of pre-amp that isn't getting turned on in Linux. This might be part of the issue. I have tried increasing signal amplification, but that degrades the other signals that are working ok without the extra amp.

If anyone can shed some light, I would be very appreciative

aF