Re: LinuxTV firmware blocks all wireless connections / traffic

Devin Heitmueller wrote:
The URB size is something that varies on a device-by-device basis,
depending on the bridge chipset.   There really is no
"one-size-fits-all" value you can assume.

I doubt no. I tested last week rather many USB chips and all I tested allowed to set it as x188 or x512 bytes. If it is set something than chip does not like it will give errors or packets that are not as large as requested. You can test that easily, look dvb-usb module debug uxfer and use powertop.

I usually take a look at a USB trace of the device under Windows, and
then use the same value.

I have seen logs where different sizes of urbs used even same chip.

regards
Antti
--
http://palosaari.fi/