Re: LinuxTV firmware blocks all wireless connections / traffic

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 10:48 AM, Antti Palosaari<crope@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Here it is, USB2.0 URB is now about 16k both af9015 and ce6230 devices.
> Now powertop shows only about 220 wakeups on my computer for the both
> sticks.
> Please test and tell what powertop says:
> http://linuxtv.org/hg/~anttip/urb_size/
>
> I wonder if we can decide what URB size DVB USB drivers should follow and
> even add new module param for overriding driver default.
>
> Antti
> --
> http://palosaari.fi/

Hello Antti,

The URB size is something that varies on a device-by-device basis,
depending on the bridge chipset.   There really is no
"one-size-fits-all" value you can assume.

I usually take a look at a USB trace of the device under Windows, and
then use the same value.

Cheers,

Devin

--