Re: ML delivery failures

Michael Krufky wrote:
On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 1:37 PM, H. Willstrand<h.willstrand@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 6:52 PM, Michael Krufky<mkrufky@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 12:35 PM, Randy Dunlap<randy.dunlap@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, 07 Sep 2009 09:20:02 -0400 Steven Toth wrote:

Hi,

I have the traffic from this list going to a gmail account. I normally use
thunderbird to respond to emails and never have issues posting to the ML.

If I'm away from thunderbird and try to respond via the google apps gmail
interface my mails always get bounced from vger's mail daemon, claiming that the
message has a html sub-part, and is considered spam or an outlook virus - thus
rejected.

It's happened a few times, again today when responding to Simon's comment about
the relationship between the 716x and the 7162 driver.

I don't see any obvious 'use-non-html' formatting setting in gmail.
In a compose window, just below "Attach a file", click on
"Plain text".  [testing:  sent from gmail like that]

Perhaps someone else has seen this issue or knows of a workaround?

Comments / feedback appreciated.

---
~Randy
LPC 2009, Sept. 23-25, Portland, Oregon
http://linuxplumbersconf.org/2009/
At this point, I use *only* gmail to respond to mailing list posts.

Steve, I have the same problem that you are complaining about when I
use the kernellabs / gmail interface.  It's probably some issue with
google labs.  My regular gmail account works fine -- I just change the
reply-to to my kernellabs email account.

-Mike

In gmail, go to settings, choose tab General, and click on: "Use
default text encoding for outgoing messages"

//HW

I already have that setting enabled.  I think that was the default,
actually.  I'm replying from my kernellabs interface right now, lets
see if the list bounces it.

I noticed that the mail handler of the alias does not seem to like gmail.com, I use googlemail.com for my e-mail address.

Peter

-Mike