Re: ML delivery failures

On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 12:35 PM, Randy Dunlap<randy.dunlap@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, 07 Sep 2009 09:20:02 -0400 Steven Toth wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have the traffic from this list going to a gmail account. I normally use
>> thunderbird to respond to emails and never have issues posting to the ML.
>>
>> If I'm away from thunderbird and try to respond via the google apps gmail
>> interface my mails always get bounced from vger's mail daemon, claiming that the
>> message has a html sub-part, and is considered spam or an outlook virus - thus
>> rejected.
>>
>> It's happened a few times, again today when responding to Simon's comment about
>> the relationship between the 716x and the 7162 driver.
>>
>> I don't see any obvious 'use-non-html' formatting setting in gmail.
>
> In a compose window, just below "Attach a file", click on
> "Plain text".  [testing:  sent from gmail like that]
>
>> Perhaps someone else has seen this issue or knows of a workaround?
>>
>> Comments / feedback appreciated.
>

> ---
> ~Randy
> LPC 2009, Sept. 23-25, Portland, Oregon
> http://linuxplumbersconf.org/2009/

At this point, I use *only* gmail to respond to mailing list posts.

Steve, I have the same problem that you are complaining about when I
use the kernellabs / gmail interface.  It's probably some issue with
google labs.  My regular gmail account works fine -- I just change the
reply-to to my kernellabs email account.

-Mike