Re: [PULL] http://www.linuxtv.org/hg/~hverkuil/v4l-dvb

On Wednesday 26 August 2009 21:16:53 Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
> Em Sun, 16 Aug 2009 15:24:51 +0200
> Hans Verkuil <hverkuil@xxxxxxxxx> escreveu:
>
> > Hi Mauro,
> >
> > Please pull from http://www.linuxtv.org/hg/~hverkuil/v4l-dvb for the following:
>
> > - v4l2-spec: document the new string control type.
>
>         <revnumber>0.26</revnumber>
> -       <date>2009-06-15</date>
> +       <date>2009-07-23</date>
>
> Hmm... No. Please create a new revision entry for it.

Why? IMHO the revision only changes for each new kernel release. The spec
documents the V4L2 API as is appears in a certain kernel. It's similar in that
respect to the kernel's version number: that also only changes with each new
kernel release. And furthermore, that's the way the version number was handled
in the past as well.

I did toy with the idea in the past to bump this version number to be in sync
with the kernel: i.e. since this spec documents the upcoming 2.6.32 kernel the
version should be 0.32 as well. That makes the link between spec and kernel
more explicit.

> +           <entry>>=0</entry>
> +           <entry>>=1</entry>
> +           <entry>>=0</entry>
>
> Hmm... is it valid to use ">" char outside a tag? maybe docbook may accept,
> but, IMHO, this is not recommended (or allowed) on XML specs. Anyway, it is
> probably better to use an escape sequence like &gt; instead of > above as used on
> other parts of the document, or, even better: &ge; for greater or equal to.

Good point, I'll update this.

> > - v4l2-spec: Add documentation description for FM TX extended control class
>
> There's also a missing revision tag for it. As both changes will be merged together,
> you can increment it by just one (to 0.29), provided that both changes are properly
> documented at the revision tag.
>
> Except for those, the series looks ok to my eyes.

I'll wait for your clarification on the spec's version number and then I'll
make this final small change and post a new pull request.

Regards,

	Hans