Re: Hauppauge 2250 - second tuner is only half working

On 8/25/09 6:59 PM, Steven Toth wrote:
After reading Steven Toth's reply I tried adding 1 and then 2 2-way
splitters before the 2250 input. No joy. I also tried feeding the cable
directly into the 2250 with no splitters. Again - no joy.
Any other ideas?

Most likely this is dependent on what frequency the other tuner is tuned
to, especially since Seth indicated it worked for a short time. And,
again, I don't see the issue but two other people do.

RMA is probably not the answer.

When you next get a chance to test please use azap and keep track of
what frequency the first tuner is currently tuned to even if tuner#1 is
technically no longer streaming. I suspect varying the frequency on
tuner#1 will vary your test results.

OK, I can repro the issue.

Tuning tuner 1 to 669 works, then tune tuner2 to 669 no lock. Set tuner #1 to 579 is locks, then tuner2 automatically also goes into lock.

So, it depends on where tuner#1 was previously tuned to.

I'll look into this.

Save yourself the trouble of the RMA if it hasn't already shipped.

--
Steven Toth - Kernel Labs
http://www.kernellabs.com