Re: Hauppauge 2250 - second tuner is only half working

I RMA'ed that tuner - awaiting a replacement. I found that adding and/or removing all splitters made no difference (wasn't able to get a hold of a proper attenuator - did try the splitter with a cap on one side method without luck).
I did find shortly after a kernel upgrade, a few modprobes, a couple reboots, some firmware file moves, and a dist-clean & rebuilding the modules - that 2nd tuner started working for the "gap" frequencies. I fired up mythtv and switched over to watch the second tuner and it was working fine for about 30s, then the system spontaneously rebooted. I played around a bit, but all subsequent attempts to get the "gap" frequencies to work again failed (right back to same problem as before - it won't get a lock, but first tuner was working fine).  I don't know if it was something with the state of my system just after a new kernel was installed or maybe it was just coincidence (maybe the signal attenuation was just right for a little bit there). Either way that spontaneous reboot seemed like maybe the card / tuner hardware itself might be defective.
I still had a few days left to make good on my 30 day warranty so I figure I'd give that a try. I'll let you know in a week or so if the new card is any better.
-Seth
------Original Message------From: Steve HarringtonSender: linux-media-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: linux-media@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Re: Hauppauge 2250 - second tuner is only half workingSent: Aug 25, 2009 2:01 PM
I have the same problem as Seth.  My system will tune RF channel 85 and below will not tune RF channel 91 and above on the second tuner only.  First tuner works fine on all channels as does the PC HDTV 5500 also in the system.  My normal configuration is a 4-way splitter from the cable into the house.  One leg goes to a 2-way that feeds the two cards in the system.  With this configuration the normal result is:
Frontend /dev/dvb/adapter2/frontend0 tuned in 1 seconds.Channel 80:    Standard=ATSC, Modulation=QAM_256       SNR=0X0172, SIGNAL=0X0172
for channel 80 and:
Unable to set frontend /dev/dvb/adapter2/frontend0:frequency=669000000, modulation=QAM_256
for channel 103.
After reading Steven Toth's reply I tried adding 1 and then 2 2-way splitters before the 2250 input. No joy.  I also tried feeding the cable directly into the 2250 with no splitters.  Again - no joy.Any other ideas?--To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-media" inthe body of a message to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobileÿôèº{.nÇ+?·?®?­?+%?Ëÿ±éݶ¥?wÿº{.nÇ+?·¥?{±þg??¯â?Ø^n?r¡ö¦zË?ëh?¨è­Ú&£ûàz¿äz¹Þ?ú+?Ê+zf£¢·h??§~?­?Ûiÿÿï?êÿ?êçz_è®æj:+v?¨þ)ߣøm