Re: How to handle devices sitting on multiple busses ?

Laurent Pinchart wrote:
[...]
> As the bridge and I2C master live their own life in the Linux device tree,
> they are initialized, suspended, resumed and destroyed independently. The
> sensor being an I2C slave device, Linux initializes it after the I2C master
> device is initialized, but doesn't ensure that the bridge is initialized first
> as well. A similar problem occurs during suspend/resume, as the I2C slave
> needs to be suspended before and resumed after the video bridge.
>
> Have you ever encountered such a situation before ? Is there a clean way for a
> device to have multiple parents, or do you have plans for such a possibility
> in the future ? I would be willing to give an implementation a try if you can
> provide me with some guidelines.

It looks to me like this patch is related to your problem:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.power-management.general/15651

With a quick glance it doesn't seem to involve changes in device
initialization or destroying, though, but this is not really my area of
expertise.

--
Anssi Hannula