Re: [PULL] http://www.linuxtv.org/hg/~hverkuil/v4l-dvb-core2

Em Mon, 24 Aug 2009 18:26:10 +0200 (CEST)
Guennadi Liakhovetski <g.liakhovetski@xxxxxx> escreveu:

> Hi Mauro
>
> On Sun, 23 Aug 2009, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
>
> > Em Mon, 17 Aug 2009 08:26:28 +0200 (CEST)
> > Guennadi Liakhovetski <g.liakhovetski@xxxxxx> escreveu:
> >
> > > ...speaking about which, we should at some point start merging the
> > > soc-camera patch stack, which, however, requires some patches that are
> > > currently in next. Shall we pull those into the hg trees with the
> > > "kernel-sync" tag?
> >
> > Yes, that's fine.
> >
> > > The only issue then is, that we will have to remember
> > > to push the patches to Linus in the 2.6.32 merge window after those 3
> > > patches are there. The patches update 3 PXA platforms to the new
> > > soc-camera API.
> >
> > Ok. please put "Priority: low" on those patches. My scripts will put this at
> > the "pending" tree, where I have already the DaVinci patches. They also have the
> > same kind of restriction. So, I'll delay the pending -git tree to be sent after
> > having the arch patches merged
>
> Ok, good, now, is there a git kernel tree to which I could rebase? If the
> current development tree is so far only available in hg, could you maybe
> push it into some git branch somewhere or just produce a patch series?

You may use my linux-next tree. Be warned that I almost always rebase it, due
to our (broken) upstream proccess of using an -hg tree. I used to push also the
devel tree upstream, but, as sometimes I was needing to rebase (less often than
linux-next, but still often), I've dropped it, since rebasing is very bad for
kernel.org mirrors, so I've minimized the problem by just pushing my trees when
I'm about to ask a merge.

> Thanks
> Guennadi
> ---
> Guennadi Liakhovetski, Ph.D.
> Freelance Open-Source Software Developer
> http://www.open-technology.de/

Cheers,
Mauro