Re: help: Can't get DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual Digital 4 to work with new kernels

2.6.27 worked for me - exact same board (ignoring revisions - mine is
an older board, rev.1, I think)

2.6.28 and up failed for me in exactly this manner. Same with a
head-of-tree v4l-dvb 'hg clone'

AFAICT it's a v4l-dvb driver problem - at least no-one here refutes it
since I reported it here on 20090615.

Cheers

Bob

On Wed, 19 Aug 2009 12:09:24 +0800
treblid <treblid@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Been grappling with this problem for a while now..
> I am using stock linux kernel 2.6.28.9 together with Mythtv (SVN trunk)
>
> For some reason I cannot use 2.6.29.x or 2.6.30.x (latest version I
> tried is 2.6.30.5).
>
> Everytime i start mythbackend, the console is littered with the
> following messages, and the keyboard input freezes sporadically.
> the messages as below:
>
> dvb-usb: recv bulk message failed: -110
> cxusb: i2c read failed
>
> i googled for a solution and it seems some got around this by inserted
> the IR receiver, I tried but it still doesn't work.
>
> is this a mythtv problem or cxusb issue?
>
> Please help, any pointers appreciated.
>
> regards,
> --

Bob Hepple <bhepple@xxxxxxxxxxx>