[Request for testing] new dib0700 code (was: Re: dib0700 diversity support)

Dear Patrick,

Am Dienstag, den 18.08.2009, 12:27 +0200 schrieb Patrick Boettcher:
> On Tue, 18 Aug 2009, Paul Menzel wrote:

> >> Can you please try the drivers from here:
> >> http://linuxtv.org/hg/~pb/v4l-dvb/
> >
> > I installed it as described in [1].
> >
> >        # clone
> >        make
> >        sudo make install
> >        sudo make unload
> >        # insert stick again
> >
> > [1] http://sidux.com/module-Wikula-history-tag-TerraTec.html

[…]

> > Ok, I do not know how to test this objectively. Not knowing what how to
> > do this, I just insert the console output of Kaffeine while scanning for
> > channels. See the end of this message.

Are those values showing the signal strength?

> > In summary I would they I did not see any difference in quality between
> > the two versions at a bad reception spot. I thought the signal bar
> > showed values increased by 2?4 %, so a little bit better.
>
> Can be weather conditions....

I tested both version in a 30 minutes time frame.

> The SNR could give a clue how far you are away from receiving, but it is
> currently not implemented.
>
> I hate to request it, but can you try the windows driver with the device
> without touching the antenna at that point. Like that we can exclude any

Well, I cannot do it right now. But I can test it the Wednesday next
week. I hope this is alright. Maybe some other people can test it
sooner. (I therefore changed the subject.)

Thanks,

Paul