Re: dib0700 diversity support

Hi

On Tue, 18 Aug 2009, Paul Menzel wrote:

Dear Patrick,

Am Dienstag, den 18.08.2009, 10:54 +0200 schrieb Patrick Boettcher:
On Fri, 14 Aug 2009, Paul Menzel wrote:
I'll post a request for testing soon.

I am looking forward to it.

Can you please try the drivers from here:
http://linuxtv.org/hg/~pb/v4l-dvb/

I installed it as described in [1].

       # clone
       make
       sudo make install
       sudo make unload
       # insert stick again

[1] http://sidux.com/module-Wikula-history-tag-TerraTec.html

Thanks for your work. Do I also need to update the firmware file?

No.

Ok, I do not know how to test this objectively. Not knowing what how to
do this, I just insert the console output of Kaffeine while scanning for
channels. See the end of this message.

In summary I would they I did not see any difference in quality between
the two versions at a bad reception spot. I thought the signal bar
showed values increased by 2?4 %, so a little bit better.

Can be weather conditions....

The SNR could give a clue how far you are away from receiving, but it is currently not implemented.

I hate to request it, but can you try the windows driver with the device without touching the antenna at that point. Like that we can exclude any

--

Patrick Boettcher - Kernel Labs
http://www.kernellabs.com/