Re: Issues with Empire Dual Pen: request for help and suggestions!!!

On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 9:54 AM, <xwang1976@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
> I want to inform you that thanks to Douglas Schilling Landgraf, the first
> point (automatic recognition of the device when plugged in) ha been resolved
> (using his development tree driver).
> I've tried to scan for digital channels again and the result has not changed
> but in the dmesg attached there are a lot of messages created during the
> scan process. I hope they are useful to solve at list the issue related with
> the digital scanning.
> Thank you,
> Xwang
<snip>

Yeah, I've seen that before.  Open up em28xx-dvb.c, and move the following:

case EM2880_BOARD_EMPIRE_DUAL_TV:

from line 402 to line 492.  So it should look like this:

case EM2880_BOARD_HAUPPAUGE_WINTV_HVR_900:
case EM2880_BOARD_EMPIRE_DUAL_TV:
      dvb->frontend = dvb_attach(zl10353_attach,

&em28xx_zl10353_xc3028_no_i2c_gate,
                                              dev->i2c_adap);

Then unplug the device, recompile, reinstall and see if the dvb starts working.

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs
http://www.kernellabs.com