Re: Hauppauge WinTV usb 1 not working?

Ok, so it is indeed very similar to the USB-live, but with a coax
input I guess.  Well, what I said before still applies - the 640x480
support was never added to the Linux driver for the usbvision chipset,
and it doesn't surprise me that the driver performs poorly for you as
it did for me with the USB-live.

The driver overall is a mess and I don't foresee anybody spending the
cycles to clean it up.  Unless you can find someone willing to do the
work I would suggest just getting a newer product.

Devin

Sorry Devin I sent from the wrong account!!

Anyhow, it is actually a TV Tuner but I guess the resolution restricts it.

What would you suggest as a replacement product for it??

Basically what I need is for it to work globally in compatibility with all analog terrestrial streams and also digital and cable too.

The reason for this is I do some traveling at the moment bouncing back and forth between UK and Turkey which I think Turkey is PAL BETA if I'm not mistaken and also since they don't have any digital broadcasting as of yet. They mainly use cable and satellite which they call digital for some strange reason??

Also since I'm done now with my studies and am looking for a job it could mean that it will take me round the world, at least if the offer of UNIX admin comes through for me I could find myself in very exotic places and would be good to have compatibility with that too....

I was thinking of going for something like the Hauppauge WinTV HVR 900 HD-ready Stick but not sure what the support is or if it is able to do what I need from it?? Also being HD ready does this mean it can handle HD digital broadcasts??

I have heard good things about the WinTV Nova card again from Hauppauge but I think that is only digital TV not analog and won't achieve the results I'm looking for....

--Kaya