Re: Hauppauge WinTV usb 1 not working?

On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 9:15 AM, Kaya Saman<SamanKaya@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> When you say that the device doesn't have an onboard tuner you mean that the
> machine that it's attached to does the tuning? My card has S-Video, RCA and
> Co-Ax inputs....

I thought you are talking about this product (which doesn't have a coax input):

http://www.hauppauge.com/site/products/data_usblive.html

> I think to be honest about the newer models that they are priced similarly??
> I just checked dabs.com since I am in UK and they are round £50-70 which is
> what I paid for mine, although the £75 I did pay was only because I got it
> at the very expensive shop on my university campus back then!

Most of the newer products either are analog/digital hybrid and have
support for DVB-T, or they have onboard MPEG encoders, which is why
the price is the same or higher.

Which product are you actually referring to?  Can you send a link?

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs
http://www.kernellabs.com