Re: [PULL] http://kernellabs.com/hg/~mkrufky/sms1xxx

On Sat, Aug 1, 2009 at 12:40 AM, Mauro Carvalho
Chehab<mchehab@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Em Fri, 31 Jul 2009 11:25:55 -0400
> Michael Krufky <mkrufky@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> escreveu:
>
>> Please review this patch yourself -- you will see I am simply removing
>> Hauppauge-specific handling that was incorrectly added by Uri,
>> resulting in the crippling of these devices under Linux.
>
> Fair enough. I'll apply the patch. Yet, we should address with Udi what else is
> needed in order to sync their tree with ours without breaking support for any
> existing device.
>
>> I cant stress enough how important it is that this changeset gets
>> merged upstream to Linus asap.  The 2.6.31-rc kernel is broken without
>> this change.
>
> I'll add it on my next upstream changeset.

Thanks for applying the fix patch.

Now, at least those devices will work again, but there is still a
regression since the previous kernels supported the LED and LNA
functionality that my next patch restores.

Hopefully we will hear from Udi soon.

Just to be clear, the patch that we'd like Udi's comments on is this one:

http://kernellabs.com/hg/~mkrufky/sms1xxx/rev/tip

As this code is in the smsdvb common code, it calls into sms-cards and
will return harmlessly to the caller on the non-hauppauge devices.
The functionality is only changed for those cards that have this
functionality defined in the sms-cards.c structures.

Hopefully, Udi can agree to merge this into the 2.6.31 kernel, while
we can work on Siano's internal event interface for the next kernel.
Once that is working perfectly, we can remove the patch that I'm
proposing now, and convert the Hauppauge devices to the newer event
interface.

Regards,

Mike