RE: How to save number of times using memcpy?

> Mauro,
>
> What do you suggest for this? Could we allocate coherent device memory
> using dma_declare_coherent_memory() ? This seems the only way to do it
> unless, video buffer layer does this when initializing the queue.

Or to be able to override the memory allocation in some way. Large
contiguous buffers are hard to get once a system has been running for a
while, so at least some buffers must be allocated up front and not on the
first open() or VIDIOC_REQBUFS call. I'm surprised that this issue hasn't
cropped up before.

Regards,

         Hans