[PULL] http://kernellabs.com/hg/~mkrufky/sms1xxx

Mauro,

Changeset 0842e3bae660 thoroughly breaks all of the Hauppauge devices
that use the sms1xxx driver.  This changeset adds device specific
changes that affect Hauppauge devices, ONLY.  It added no value to the
driver, and only broke its functionality.

I specifically nack'd this particular changeset, but it was merged
anyway.  I believe this was done in error, since it was one patch in
the middle of many others sent in from Uri at that point in time.

This change breaks the Hauppauge devices in such a way that prevents
normal device operation.  The entire concept of board events in this
driver is thoroughly broken, and the only devices currently using it
are the Hauppauge devices.

The patchset removes the board event usage from the Hauppauge-specific
device configuration, replacing with the older mechanism to handle
board events.

The event functions being called in smsdvb.c call into sms-cards.c --
if the device configuration does not have functionality defined for
that event, the driver will simply do nothing and return control back
to the smsdvb.c driver.  These functions are a no-op for non-hauppauge
devices.  Under no circumstances will they cause any harm or any
breakage to any devices supported by this driver.

Personally, I would like to see this board event mechanism within the
driver repaired, so that the Hauppauge devices can use the new
mechanism that Siano has created.  Until that mechanism functions
properly, we will use the older mechanism.  Not doing so would be a
regression, since all of this functionality worked in previous
kernels.

These two changesets must be merged ASAP and sent to Linus for the
2.6.31 kernel.

Please pull from:

http://kernellabs.com/hg/~mkrufky/sms1xxx

for the following fixes:

- sms1xxx: fix broken Hauppauge devices
- sms1xxx: restore GPIO functionality for all Hauppauge devices

Cheers,

Mike