Technical Details on Abus Digiprotect TV8802 Capture Card

Hi!

I am trying to get a capture card working under linux. Ubuntu 8.09
loads bttv module but doesn´t recognize the type of the card - it is
not listed on cardlist.bttv . I tried several card=XX options (with
mediocre success, e.g. bad grey or green picture from only one input,
random change of input by changing between NTSC/PAL) but gave up since
the system often froze after closing xawtv.
The card is called ABUS Digiprotect TV8802. Windows-software
(including drivers and monitoring software) can be found at
abus-sc.com (http://www.abus-sc.co.uk/International/Service-Downloads/Software?q=tv8802&Send=Search).
The card features 4 composite inputs using BNC connectors and one
Cinch connector (for Video-Out i think). It has no tuner / radio /
remote. There is only one chip "Conexant Fusion 878A" on the card.
lspci identifies vendor=109E product 0878 and vendor=109E
product=036E. I installed the original drivers under WinXP and used
btspy which gave me the following output:

General information:
 Name:Abus Digiprotect TV8802
 Chip: Bt878 , Rev: 0x00
 Subsystem: 0x00000000
 Vendor: Gammagraphx, Inc.
 Values to MUTE audio:
  Mute_GPOE  : 0x3c7007
  Mute_GPDATA: 0x305000
 Has TV Tuner: No
 Number of Composite Ins: 4
  Composite in #1
   Composite1_Mux   : 2
   Composite1_GPOE  : 0x3c7007
   Composite1_GPDATA: 0x305002
  Composite in #2
   Composite2_Mux   : 2
   Composite2_GPOE  : 0x3c7007
   Composite2_GPDATA: 0x305001
  Composite in #3
   Composite3_Mux   : 2
   Composite3_GPOE  : 0x3c7007
   Composite3_GPDATA: 0x305003
  Composite in #4
   Composite4_Mux   : 2
   Composite4_GPOE  : 0x3c7007
   Composite4_GPDATA: 0x305002
 Has SVideo: No
 Has Radio: No

What confuses me, are the same values for GPDATA on Composite 1 and 4,
but maybe this is a problem with the software i used to select the
inputs (i used the software from abus-sc.com). I wasn´t able to use
the card using the drivers from btwincap.sf.net, but maybe this is
because the software from abus-sc.com needs the original drivers.

Maybe someone with more insight can add support for this card. I can
do some more testing / research, but need advice on what exactly to
do.

Best regards
Gregor

--