Re: offering bounty for GPL'd dual em28xx support

Devin Heitmueller wrote:

<snip>

> The issue occurs with various different drivers.  Basically the issue
> is the device attempts to reserve a certain amount of bandwidth on the
> USB bus for the isoc stream, and in the case of analog video at
> 640x480 this adds up to about 200Mbps.  As a result, connecting
> multiple devices can result in exceeding the available bandwidth on
> the USB bus.
>
> Depending on your how many devices you are trying to connect, what
> your target capture resolution is, and whether you can put each device
> on its own USB bus will dictate what solution you can go with.

Hi all,

So I felt like doing  a field test, with my dvb-t test system.

Bus 001 Device 008: ID 2040:6502 Hauppauge WinTV HVR-900
Bus 001 Device 007: ID 2304:0226 Pinnacle Systems, Inc. [hex] PCTV 330e
Bus 001 Device 005: ID 0b05:173f ASUSTek Computer, Inc.
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 2304:0236 Pinnacle Systems, Inc. [hex]
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 15a4:9016

I have now three devices with dvb-t channels running with different
channels and audio on an atom based cpu without problems.

two:
dvb-usb-dib0700

and one:
dvb-usb-af9015

the dvb-usb-af9015 takes way more cpu interrupts because of the usb
block size.

prove:
http://imagebin.ca/img/xM9Q7_A.jpg

I will be demonstrating this at har2009 (see demonstration village)

Devin could you login onto the dvb-t test system and see if you can get
those em28xx device running with your new code?

I will probably make an other test system with some more cpu power to
see if even more usb devices are possible, or I may use my nice powerful
multiseat quad core system for it.

Best regards,

Jelle de Jong