Re: lsmod path hardcoded in v4l/Makefile

On Mon, 22 Jun 2009, Andy Walls wrote:

On Mon, 2009-06-22 at 16:36 +0200, Matthias Schwarzott wrote:
Hi list!

It seems the path to lsmod tool is hardcoded in the Makefile for out-of-tree
building of v4l-dvb.
Now at least gentoo has moved lsmod from /sbin to /bin.

Sorry, but is it considered impertinent to ask why that lsmod should be moved from /sbin (system binaries, and lsmod certainly is one of those) and stick it into /bin instead? Is there any cogent reason for doing a thing like that, which may have escaped my attention? Unless one is making some very small distro for some very small hardware and (say) one of /bin and /sbin is symlinked to the other, I find a change like that to be extremely puzzling. So, really. Why?

Theodore Kilgore