Re: Dual DVB-S2 Card

Hi!

I got answer from Media-Pointer about this Dual DVB-S2-Card.

<answer>
das Micronas Referenz Design hat auf dem STB6100 (5V Tuner) du dem STV0899
sowie dem LNBH 221 aufgebaut.
Wir haben die neuen Chips verwendet, STB6110A (3V Tuner) und dem STV 0900B
(Cut/2) und dem LNBH 24.
</answer>

In english:
This card is not based on the reference design of Micronas, which uses the
STB6100 (5V tuner), the STV0899 and the LNBH 221.
They used a "new" chip-version, the STB6110A (3V tuner), the STV0900B
(Cut/2) and the LNBH 24.

How about the driver status under linux? I found Igor Liplianin added
support for it about 3 months ago. Is it working well? And is it working
with dual tuner?? I bouht a few devices in the past 5 years which told to
be working under linux, but some devices won't run. :-(
So when I buy this card it would be nice to know if it works or not..

Jens

http://www.media-pointer.de/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=6&category_id=3&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1

http://www.computerbase.de/news/hardware/multimedia/2006/august/micronas_pci_express_dual-dvb-s2-tuner/

> (Sorry, all in german)
>
> I send a request to the manufacturer and asked what chips are used on the
> card. When I get an answer I will post it here.
>
> If this card hast the STB0899/6100 chip, i think it should work with
S2-API