Re: Sakar 57379 USB Digital Video Camera...

Andy,

You are right. Your camera is emitting JPEG while streaming. I just succeeded in creating an image which resembles your test picture by extracting the frame data for one frame, tacking on a header, and running hex2bin on the combined file. I did not get the thing quite right, because your header is from your JPEG photo (640x480) and your stream is probably 320x240. But I got something out which is obviously recognizable. Therefore with a little bit of further tweaking it will presumably come out exactly so. Namely, I have to remember where to stick the two dimensions into the header. As my students in courses like calculus say, "Sir, it has been a long time since I studied that." Whereupon I reply, "With my white hair, I wonder how far I could get with that excuse?"

I will send you a copy of the results for your amusement. It is obviously the first attempt, so do not laugh at the fact that you get two copies of

	 3
	x6
	--

side by side, please.