Re: PULL request - http://linuxtv.org/hg/~hgoede/gspca

Em Sun, 21 Jun 2009 08:45:03 +0200
Hans de Goede <hdegoede@xxxxxxxxxx> escreveu:

> On 06/21/2009 02:39 AM, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
> > Em Sat, 20 Jun 2009 15:26:25 +0200
> > Hans de Goede<hdegoede@xxxxxxxxxx>  escreveu:

> >> <snip>

> >> err -28 is ENOSPC which is given by usb_submit_urb, when the
> >> required bandwidth for the isoc transfer is not available.
> >>
> >> With most cams we then automatically fall back to an altsetting
> >> which requires less bandwidth, but the st6422 has only one
> >> hence the: "gspca: no transfer endpoint found" error.
> >>
> >> There are 3 possible causes for this:
> >> 1) You are using the device through an usb 2.0 hub, this should work
> >>      but does not work due to a bug in the usb subsystem of the kernel,
> >>      which I have reported but most likely won't be fixed
> >
> > OK. On a direct port:
> >

> OK, better :)
>
> mplayer does not recognize /dev/video0 as a "v4l" url, so it will just
> try to use plain open and then read, which is causing the errors, as
> read() on a v4l device wants a buffer large enough to hold 1 frame in one
> read.

Yes, I know, but the v4l1 and v4l2 calls also fails:

$ export LD_PRELOAD=/usr/local/lib/libv4l/v4l1compat.so
$ mplayer -tv driver=v4l2 tv://
Cannot find codec matching selected -vo and video format 0x32315659.
Read DOCS/HTML/en/codecs.html!

$ mplayer -tv driver=v4l tv://

The 'outfmt' of 'Planar YV12' is likely not supported by your card

I tested also luvcview 0.2.5 without success:

ERROR: Requested frame format MJPG is not available and no fallback format was found.

Hmm... on a moment of inspiration, I tested it with ekiga, and it properly worked!

Now, I just want to find a way for it to work with the applications I use ;)

I'll try to test later the patches you've sent me for the hub

Cheers,
Mauro