Re: PULL request - http://linuxtv.org/hg/~hgoede/gspca

Em Sat, 20 Jun 2009 15:26:25 +0200
Hans de Goede <hdegoede@xxxxxxxxxx> escreveu:

> On 06/20/2009 12:51 PM, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
> > Em Wed, 17 Jun 2009 23:54:40 +0200
> > Hans de Goede<hdegoede@xxxxxxxxxx>  escreveu:
> >
> >>   Support for the st6422 bridge + sensor !
> >> Give it a try, I know now you have a cam which uses this bridge :)
> >> When you try it be sure to use the latest (just updated my
> >> libv4l tree) libv4l, this enables (software) automatic control of
> >> the gain and exposure, for a decent image in most lighting
> >> conditions.
> >
> > Didn't work :( See the logs bellow.
> >

> <snip>
>

> > $ dmesg
> > STV06xx: Probing for a stv06xx device
> > gspca: probing 046d:08f6
> > usbcore: registered new interface driver STV06xx
> > STV06xx: registered
> > gspca: usb_submit_urb [0] err -28
> > gspca: no transfer endpoint found
> >

> err -28 is ENOSPC which is given by usb_submit_urb, when the
> required bandwidth for the isoc transfer is not available.
>
> With most cams we then automatically fall back to an altsetting
> which requires less bandwidth, but the st6422 has only one
> hence the: "gspca: no transfer endpoint found" error.
>
> There are 3 possible causes for this:
> 1) You are using the device through an usb 2.0 hub, this should work
>     but does not work due to a bug in the usb subsystem of the kernel,
>     which I have reported but most likely won't be fixed

OK. On a direct port:

[mchehab@pedra ~]$ mplayer /dev/video0
MPlayer dev-SVN-r27514-4.1.2 (C) 2000-2008 MPlayer Team
CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU           E5420  @ 2.50GHz (Family: 6, Model: 23, Stepping: 6)
Compiled with runtime CPU detection.

Playing /dev/video0.
libv4l2: error converting / decoding frame data: v4l-convert: error destination buffer too small

[...]

Exiting... (End of file)

Cheers,
Mauro