Re: Convert cpia driver to v4l2, drop parallel port version support?

Hans de Goede wrote:
>>> sn9c102
>>> Supports a large number of cams also supported by gspca's sonixb / sonixj driver, we're using
>>> #ifdef .... macros to detect if both are being build at the same time to include usb-id's only
>>> in one of the 2.
>> Btw, it would be interesting to work with the out-of-tree microdia driver,
>> since there are some models that are supported only by the alternative driver.
>
> Ack, only one small problem, which is another reason why Luca's drivers should slowly be phased
> out, Luca has gone closed source with his sn9cxxx driver.
>
> There is an out of tree driver for the new sn9c2xx models you talk about though, with active
> developers, I've pushing them to get it into the mainline, I'll give it another try soonish.

Hello I'm one of the developers for the current out of tree sn9c20x driver.  What needs to be done in order
to get the sn9c20x code into the mainline? Am i right in assuming it would be preferred to move the code into
a sn9c20x gspca subdriver rather then include the complete out of tree driver? If this is the case I can work
on a set of patches to implement our code as a gspca subdriver.

Also i have a few questions regarding submitting the patches.

1) In addition to sending them to linux-media should I CC them to anyone in particular?
2) The entire patch would likely be about 70k. Should I just send one patch or split the
thing up into several?

Thanks,
Brian