Re: Convert cpia driver to v4l2, drop parallel port version support?

> Hi,
>
> I recently have been bying second hand usb webcams left and right
> one of them (a creative unknown model) uses the cpia1 chipset, and
> works with the v4l1 driver currently in the kernel.
>
> One of these days I would like to convert it to a v4l2 driver using
> gspca as basis, this however will cause us to use parallel port support
> (that or we need to keep the old code around for the parallel port
> version).
>
> I personally think that loosing support for the parallel port
> version is ok given that the parallel port itslef is rapidly
> disappearing, what do you think ?

I agree wholeheartedly. If we remove pp support, then we can also remove
the bw-qcam and c-qcam drivers since they too use the parallel port.

BTW, I also have a cpia1 camera available for testing. I can also test
ov511 (I saw that you added support for that to gspca). Ditto for the
stv680 and w9968cf.

Note that I can mail these devices to you if you want to work on
integrating them into gspca. I'm pretty sure I won't have time for that
myself.

Regards,

           Hans