Re: S_FMT vs. S_CROP

On Wed, 10 Jun 2009, Hans Verkuil wrote:

> On Wednesday 10 June 2009 18:02:39 Guennadi Liakhovetski wrote:
> >
> > {G,S,TRY}_FMT configure output geometry in user pixels
> > [GS]_CROP, CROPCAP configure input window in sensor pixels
>
> Agreed.

Now one more related question: if the driver (stack) can only scale down,
and the user has requested either a crop smaller than current fmt, or fmt
larger than current crop. What should the driver do? I can think of at
least two reasonably logical behaviours:

1. adjust the last invalid request - either enlarge crop or reduce fmt
2. give fmt preference and adjust the source rectangle if needed

Which one is prererred?

Thanks
Guennadi
---