Re: Leadtek Winfast DTV-1000S

On Sun, Jun 7, 2009 at 6:39 PM, hermann pitton<hermann-pitton@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Am Montag, den 08.06.2009, 07:59 +1000 schrieb paul10@xxxxxxxxxxxx:
>> That is fantastic news.  Not only will it be coming soon, but I don't have
>> to do it myself!!
>>
>> How will we know when the test repository is created - will it be
>> announced on this list?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Paul
>>

>> > Henry Wu did send modified saa7134 files with support for this card on
>> > Tuesday off list.
>>
>> > Mike replied, that he will set up a test repository as soon he gets some
>> > time for doing so.
>
> Paul,
>
> give Mike some time for it.
>
> There are much more variables in question, that can be different on
> devices now seen in the wild for the first time and a proper framework
> must be employed.
>
> If you can't wait, ask Mike do send you the files, seems they are recent
> enough for current v4l-dvb, but better is to wait and start with some
> unified testing base.
>
> Cheers,
> Hermann

Hello all,

Apologies for the delay -- I've been extremely busy over the past few
weeks, but that's nothing new :-P

Anyhow, I pushed up some code almost 2 weeks ago that should cover the
DTV1000S in all variations.  Thanks to Terry Wu for the baseband video
gpio setup.

I haven't had time to ask anybody to test this yet, so I'd appreciate
it if you can provide some general feedback.

This change only adds support for the new card, so I am not interested
in anybody's experience with other boards -- this ONLY relates to the
DTV1000S.

Terry's patches copy the device specific setup from the Hauppauge
HVR1110 -- this is actually dangerous, as the HVR1110 GPIO / LNA setup
could cause problems when used on other boards.

Terry's patches also support a version of the board with a TDA18271c2
-- I don't know if such a board actually exists, but the way that
Terry did it doesn't allow for supporting both variations in a single
kernel.  If the c2 version of the board actually exists, the code that
I pushed will work on board boards.

I'd like to see dmesg output while using my tree -- please include
full device initialization, starting with the line, "Linux video
capture interface: v2.00" up till the end.

I am especially interested to see whether or not the TDA8295 driver
attaches successfully -- I have a feeling that there actually is no
TDA8295 on that board, but I don't know for sure, offhand.

Please test the following tree:

http://kernellabs.com/hg/~mkrufky/dtv1000s

- saa7134: add initial DVB-T support for the Leadtek DTV1000S
- saa7134: add support for baseband video capture on Leadtek DTV1000S

 Documentation/video4linux/CARDLIST.saa7134  |    1
 drivers/media/video/saa7134/saa7134-cards.c |   22 +++++
 drivers/media/video/saa7134/saa7134-dvb.c   |   39 ++++++++++
 drivers/media/video/saa7134/saa7134.h       |    1
 4 files changed, 63 insertions(+)

Cheers,

Mike Krufky