Re: s5h1411_readreg: readreg error (ret == -5)

Hi,

Am Freitag, den 12.06.2009, 16:27 -0500 schrieb Mike Isely:
> Well now I feel like an idiot.  Thanks for pointing that out in my own
> code :-)
>
> Still digging through this.
>
>   -Mike

despite of that and to feed the weasel.

We'll have to look through different drivers, if we can make more use of
potential present device information in the eeproms.

There are always OEMs not following for example the Philips eeprom
layout in all details, most visible on different primary analog/hybrid
tuner type enumeration, and I don't even claim to know the latter in all
details,

and it needs more work on it,

but we have a lot of congruence for details in the 16 bytes including
0x40 and up from it across most manufacturers, including Hauppauge.

According to Hartmut, unfortunately not active currently, even different
LNA types, more and more devices with such do appear, are encoded in the
eeprom, if the OEM follows the plan. I don't know where yet, but might
be worth some time to try to find it out.

I had some hopes that this would also be known for the Hauppauge
eeproms, but seems not.

The most undiscovered configurations seem to be such ones about antenna
inputs and their switching. Again according to Hartmut, and he did not
know exactly what is going on here, some for us and him at this point
unknown checksums are used to derive even that information :(

For what I can see, and I might be of course still wrong, we can also
not determine plain digital tuner types, digital demodulator types of
any kind and the type of possibly present second and third tuners, but
at least their addresses, regularly shared by multiple chips, become
often visible. (some OEMs have only 0xff still for all that)

Cheers,
Hermann