Re: [v4l-dvb-maintainer] 2.6.30: missing audio device in bttv

On Fri, 12 Jun 2009 01:01:59 +0200 Hans Verkuil (HV) wrote:

HV> I've fixed the problem in my original patch. I've attached the new
HV> version. It works fine with ivtv, the problems with reading the eeprom
HV> are now fixed. Please test and if it still doesn't work then I'll have
HV> to install my bttv card in my PC and test again. But that will be
HV> tomorrow evening.

Reading the eeprom works with your patch.

HV> BTW, it would be nice if you can confirm that everything is working fine
HV> if you compile bttv as a module. Just to make sure that this is related
HV> to the in-kernel build. The other person who had this problem (and who
HV> had a very similar card) said that it was working after moving that line
HV> in the Makefile.

That works, too.

Meanwhile I've figured out that the audio problems are related to ALSA. The
BTTV audio signal is fed via a cable to the line-in of my on-board sound.
I've verified that there is audio going over that cable. So I'll talk to the
ALSA folks about the issue.

Thanks for your help, Hans.

Cheers,

	- Udo