Re: [PULL] http://www.linuxtv.org/hg/~hverkuil/v4l-dvb-subdev2

On Wed, 10 Jun 2009, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:

> Em Wed, 10 Jun 2009 23:36:32 +0200 (CEST)
> Guennadi Liakhovetski <g.liakhovetski@xxxxxx> escreveu:
>
> > someone writes a script to intercept all hg pull requests from lmml
> > (procmail rule), forward that mail to a special media-patch list, and
> > extract and post as replies to that mail all individual patches? And that
> > list should be configured to only accept mails from that script or replies
> > to its mails, so, it'd be spam-free. And that list would also be used for
> > patch discussion. How does this sound?
>
> This can be done. If you write such script in perl or python [1], I can put it to
> run at linuxtv. You'll likely need to handle also the pull request replies.
>
> [1] since we don't have procmail (or exim) installed there.

Hm, yeah, thanks, but I think, if I were to do this, I would just do a
local script, that would

cp -al v4l-dvb pull
cd pull
hg pull -u <tree-to-pull>

for $mail in @mails {
	hg extract $mail | mail ...
}

cd ..
rm -rf pull

and just mail the patches to me locally. But I don't think I'd be doing
this, I don't have the time. I'll just subscribe to the commits ML and
live with the fact, that the delta between patches in hg and in mainline
git will grow, as more patches in hg wil have to be fixed by incremental
patches, which you then will merge before importing into git...

Thanks
Guennadi
---
Guennadi Liakhovetski, Ph.D.