Re: funny colors from XC5000 on big endian systems

On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 7:09 PM, W. Michael Petullo<mike@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> It was a hypothesis, but based on experience in "seeing" endian bugs in
>>> video code and "hearing" endian bugs in audio code. After using PowerPC
>>> long enough, you learn to jump to the endian conclusion pretty quickly. I
>>> was wrong!
>>
>> Ok, well that's good to know.  I did look at the code and couldn't see
>> how it could possibly be an endianness bug.
>>
>> Bear in mind that the analog support for the 950q is still relatively
>> new, and its entirely possible there are some application specific
>> bugs to be worked out as there is more testing.
>>
>> Could you please describe in more detail the *exact* configuration you
>> are attempting, including the versions of the applications you are
>> using and command line arguments you are passing.  If I can reproduce
>> the issue here then I can probably debug it much faster.
>
> I have a VCR connected to my 950Q using the coaxial interface.
>
> Kernel is 2.6.29.4.
>
> I am using streamer from Fedora's xawtv-3.95-11.fc11.ppc:
>
> v4lctl setchannel 3
> streamer -r 30 -s 640x480 -f jpeg -i Television -n NTSC-M -c /dev/video0 -o
> ~/Desktop/foo.avi -t 00:60:00
>
> I am using gstreamer-plugins-good-0.10.14-2.fc11.ppc:
>
> gst-launch v4l2src ! ffmpegcolorspace ! ximagesink
>
> Mike

Looks like the gst-launch picks I420 colorspace mode by default (and
the 950q expects UYVY).  Try the following and see if your situation
improves:

gst-launch -v v4l2src !
'video/x-raw-yuv,width=720,height=480,format=(fourcc)UYVY' !
ffmpegcolorspace ! ximagesink

I haven't looked yet though to how gst-launch decides to use i420 by
default.  Perhaps the 950q isn't properly advertising it's
capabilities.

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs