Re: funny colors from XC5000 on big endian systems

You indicated that you had reason to believe it's a PowerPC issue. Is there any reason that you came to that conclusion other than that you're running on ppc? I'm not discounting the possibility, but it would be good to know if you have other information that supports your theory.

It was a hypothesis, but based on experience in "seeing" endian bugs in video code and "hearing" endian bugs in audio code. After using PowerPC long enough, you learn to jump to the endian conclusion pretty quickly. I
was wrong!

Ok, well that's good to know.  I did look at the code and couldn't see
how it could possibly be an endianness bug.

Bear in mind that the analog support for the 950q is still relatively
new, and its entirely possible there are some application specific
bugs to be worked out as there is more testing.

Could you please describe in more detail the *exact* configuration you
are attempting, including the versions of the applications you are
using and command line arguments you are passing.  If I can reproduce
the issue here then I can probably debug it much faster.

I have a VCR connected to my 950Q using the coaxial interface.

Kernel is 2.6.29.4.

I am using streamer from Fedora's xawtv-3.95-11.fc11.ppc:

v4lctl setchannel 3
streamer -r 30 -s 640x480 -f jpeg -i Television -n NTSC-M -c /dev/ video0 -o ~/Desktop/foo.avi -t 00:60:00

I am using gstreamer-plugins-good-0.10.14-2.fc11.ppc:

gst-launch v4l2src ! ffmpegcolorspace ! ximagesink

Mike