Re: Digital Everywhere FloppyDTV / FireDTV (incl. CI)

David Lister wrote:
Hi all,

just found out that these cards have finally some preliminary Linux
support. They seem quite versatile and even customizable -- a true gift
for dedicated hobbyists. :) PCI/PCIe/AGP or floppy drive mounting and
firewire /connection/ chaining look especially interesting. Even
FloppyDTV is apparently half internal, half external - sort of. Anybody
with hands-on access? Any updates? Share your experience! :o)

I have been evaluating the Floppy DTV DVB-S2, DVB-T and DVB-C variants.

So far I have managed to get fairly good results from the DVB-S2 and DVB-T adapters but I can't get the DVB-C device to tune under linux. I tested it with a windows PC to be sure it wasn't faulty and it worked fine.

I've had them all working (i.e. appearing as devices) while chained one to the next and when individually connected to a 1394 adapter card.

Now I need to spend some more time to see if they will give the performance I need, but so far so good.

If anyone has been able to tune the cable adapter under linux I'd like to hear more.

I had to make a small modification to the driver to enable some frontend settings required by my applications, but apart from that the latest v4l drivers have been sufficient.

Cheers,

Lou