Re: Image filter controls

On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 8:28 PM, Guennadi Liakhovetski
<g.liakhovetski@xxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, 27 May 2009, Dongsoo, Nathaniel Kim wrote:
>
>> Hi Guennadi,
>>
>> In my opinion (in totally user aspect) those CIDs you mentioned do not
>> fit in the purpose. Only low-pass filtering control could be
>> considered as a colorfx, even though low-pass filtering is not a color
>> effect it could be possible to sense the meaning of effect on it. How
>> about making a new CID for band-stop filtering control and
>> V4L2_COLORFX_BORDER_DENOISING for low-pass filter?
>
> Maybe, let's see what others say. Although, the low-pass filter doesn't
> seem to be directly related to colour-transformation to me.

Yep, could be differ in person I guess. But if no more new CID is
allowed I think the COLORFX could be the closest one. Let's see what
others say :-)

>> BTW, would you give more information about "fluorescent light
>> band-stop filter" in detail? Because if you mean flicker control
>> caused by power line frequency, 50Hz...60Hz thing, I think we already
>> have one for that. As far as I know, V4L2_CID_POWER_LINE_FREQUENCY is
>> for that flickering control.
>
> No, here's an excerpt from a datasheet (not for the camera I'm
> implementing this, but it's the same parameter, I think):
>
> COMJ[2] - Band filter enable. After adjust frame rate to match indoor
> light frequency, this bit enable a different exposure algorithm to cut
> light band induced by fluorescent light.
>
> Not sure though how they reduce the fluorescent light by adjusting the
> exposure algorithm.

Oh, it definitely looks like a flickering control to me. Interesting
algorithm it is. I should do some research for that.
Cheers,

Nate

--
=