Re: Image filter controls

On Wed, 27 May 2009, Dongsoo, Nathaniel Kim wrote:

> Hi Guennadi,
>
> In my opinion (in totally user aspect) those CIDs you mentioned do not
> fit in the purpose. Only low-pass filtering control could be
> considered as a colorfx, even though low-pass filtering is not a color
> effect it could be possible to sense the meaning of effect on it. How
> about making a new CID for band-stop filtering control and
> V4L2_COLORFX_BORDER_DENOISING for low-pass filter?

Maybe, let's see what others say. Although, the low-pass filter doesn't
seem to be directly related to colour-transformation to me.

> BTW, would you give more information about "fluorescent light
> band-stop filter" in detail? Because if you mean flicker control
> caused by power line frequency, 50Hz...60Hz thing, I think we already
> have one for that. As far as I know, V4L2_CID_POWER_LINE_FREQUENCY is
> for that flickering control.

No, here's an excerpt from a datasheet (not for the camera I'm
implementing this, but it's the same parameter, I think):

COMJ[2] - Band filter enable. After adjust frame rate to match indoor
light frequency, this bit enable a different exposure algorithm to cut
light band induced by fluorescent light.

Not sure though how they reduce the fluorescent light by adjusting the
exposure algorithm.

Thanks
Guennadi
---