Re: Temporary success with Pinnacle PCTV 801e (xc5000 chip)

Devin,   Yup, works nice now.   Good work!  --Neil

Devin Heitmueller wrote:
On Sat, May 23, 2009 at 5:15 PM, N Klepeis <list1@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I installed the latest v4l-dvb from CVS with the latest firmware
(dvb-fe-xc5000-1.6.114.fw) for the 801e (XC5000 chip).   I can  scan for
channels no problem.   But after a first use with either mplayer or mythtv,
it then immediately stops working and won't start again until I unplug and
then reinsert the device from the USB port.       On the first time use
everything seems fine and I can watch TV through mplayer for as long as I
want.    On the 2nd use (restart mplayer), there's an error (FE_GET_INFO
error: 19, FD: 3).    On the 2nd use with mythtv, mythtv cannot connect to
the card at all in mythtvsetup, but on the first time use I can assign
channel.conf.      I know there have been recent updates to the xc5000
driver.    I only started trying this chip this week so I never confirmed
that any prior driver version worked.

Any thoughts on how to proceed?     Below are the full console outputs when
using with mplayer and when running dmesg.   (This is fedora 10).

--Neil

Neil,

Already tracked down and a PULL has been requested for the patch:

http://kernellabs.com/hg/~dheitmueller/dvb-frontend-exit-fix

Cheers,

Devin